Join Celebrity Chef George Duran on a Quest for the Perfect Cheeseburger
Enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger Contest to Win Big
Contest Runs from July 2nd to August 27th
Jarlsberg® Cheese famous worldwide for its nutty, mild and sweet flavor launches a global recipe global contest starring two best friends: burgers and cheese.
Cheese fans and all foodies can enter the Jarlsberg Sizzling Summer Burger contest from July 2nd to August 27th at https://www.facebook.com/jarlsberg. Entrants will have the chance to win exclusive Jarlsberg® Grill Kits every week and the grand prize is a Big Green Egg Grill, so that winners can recreate their favorite Jarlsberg® burgers, just in time for Labor Day weekend!
The program also offers some great new burger ideas from Celebrity Chef George Duran. Duran, the Venezuelan born American chef, is well known for hosting cooking programs on TLC and Food Network and his appearances on numerous TV shows. He has created four distinctly different Jarlsberg® burger recipes, including one vegetarian burger and one burger with grilled pineapple slices in place of burger buns.
Each of Chef Duran’s four burger recipes offer a summer story and their own film: The Marvelous Meltdown (Jarlsberg® Fondue Burger), Melted Maui Madness (Pineapple Bun Jarlsberg® Burger), The Viva La Quinoa (Quinoa and Red Lentil with Jarlsberg®), and The Brooklyn Bacon Bonanza (Bacon Burger Stuffed with Jarlsberg®).
The burgers are placed in different settings, and the ambience is quintessentially New York: three of the four burger shorts are filmed in a Williamsburg brownstone, and the fourth on a rooftop in Queens with the Manhattan skyline as a backdrop.
I received complimentary product.
Enjoy these creative, fun summer BBQ recipes from Jarlsberg® and Chef George Duran.
The Marvelous Melt-down – Fondue Burger
For the burgers:
1 tbsp. panko-style breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1 1/2 lb minced beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. salt
1/4 tbsp. black pepper
4 sesame burger buns
Red pepper flakes (optional)
For the Jarlsberg® fondue sauce:
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp flour
1 C. of whole milk
1 1/2 C. of grated Jarlsberg® cheese
1. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and heavy cream until absorbed ( about 3 – 4 minutes)
2. In a large bowl, mix the beef with the garlic and breadcrumb mixture until combined. Season with salt and pepper and form 4 large burgers. Make a large indentation in the middle of each burger and preheat your grill.
3. In the meantime, make the Jarlsberg® cheese fondue sauce by melting the butter in a small saucepan and whisking in the flour. Whisk over a medium heat until browned. Slowly whisk in the milk and allow to thicken (about 3 – 4 minutes). Add the grated Jarlsberg® and whisk until smooth. Keep some cheese aside.
4. Grill each burger as desired, spread butter inside the buns and toast lightly. Arrange lettuce on the bottom half of the bun, followed by the burger. Then pour fondue sauce on top of the burger. Add the other half of the bun and pour more fondue sauce over the top.
5. Garnish with scallions and red pepper flakes.
Makes 4 burgers
Melted Maui Madness
1 1/2 lb. minced beef
1 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp. kosher salt
4 thick pineapple rings
4 red bell pepper rings
4 slices Jarlsberg® cheese
Thinly-sliced red onions
8 slices of cooked bacon (optional)
Lettuce and tomato
1. Pre-heat your grill.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the beef with the tomato paste, teriyaki sauce and salt.
Form 4 equal-sized burger patties.
3. Spray the grill with non-stick spray and grill the pineapple rings evenly on both sides.
Set aside and grill the peppers and burgers as desired. Top the burgers with Jarlsberg® cheese and allow to melt slightly.
4. Assemble your burgers using the pineapple rings in place of a bun and top with the
burger, cheese, peppers, red onion slices, bacon, lettuce and tomato slices.
Makes 4 burgers