Just in time for the holidays, True Story Foods, makes its national debut offering all natural, non-GMO and organic sausages, hot dogs, and deli meats. Whether you are serving up a wholesome breakfast or wowing a crowd during a festive holiday party, True Story Foods has the most delicious, natural organic meats for your friends and family.
True Story believes in a future of food that is a return to what is real and true. A future that is respectful to the source of our food – the soil, the animals, and the farmers. True Story is nurturing a community of family farmers, artisan producers, progressive retailers and food lovers who are dedicated to this future.
True Story lives by:
Fair Trade Partnering With Farmers
True Story partners with farmers to set an equitable price for their animals to ensure the animals are raised humanely and without antibiotics, to create a sustainable livelihood for generations to come. All their animals are fed an all-vegetarian diet, and never fed antibiotics or growth enhancers and live without undue stress or agitation.
Crafting Real Foods
All True Story recipes are crafted in their California Kitchens with artisan methods used for three generations, like hand seasoning and netting roasted turkeys and hams, using traditional all natural casings, and hand tying sausage links. Their foods never contain synthetic nitrates or nitrites.
Provoking Honest Conversation
True Story shares the story of their animals, farmers, and community to provoke honest conversation about how food is raised and prepared. They believe informing and educating food lovers helps them to make better choices for them and their families.
Enjoy these simple-to-prepare yet memorable recipes this Holiday season!
antipastoThis recipe was created by food stylist and blogger Betsy Haley of betsylife.com. It's a quick appetizer recipe that’s easy to make for crowds large and small. Make ahead of time and have less to stress about the day of your gathering.
Makes 10 servings
· 1-10oz package True Story Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
· 1 jar Sprouts sweet and spicy cherry peppers
· 1 package Sprouts cheese curds
· 1 package Sprouts fresh basil
1. Slice sausage into coins.
2. In a pan over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring frequently until brown on both sides. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Meanwhile, remove several cherry peppers from the jar and pat dry. Slice into roughly ½ inch sized pieces.
4. To assemble the skewers, rip a small piece of basil and skewer followed by a slice of pepper, a cheese curd, and finally a sausage coin.
Chicken Sausage, Feta and Kale Frittata
Calling all frittata lovers! What do you get when you combine sausage, tangy cheese and a healthy heap of greens? Your new go-to brunch or dinner recipe in record time.
Makes 4 servings
· 8 eggs
· 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 cup crumbled feta
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 3 cups trimmed and thinly sliced kale
· 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
· 2 True Story Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, cut in bite-size slices
1. Heat broiler to high.
2. Combine eggs, salt, and feta, and stir with a whisk. Set aside.
3. In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add kale and sauté for 4 minutes, or until starting to wilt. Add pepper and sliced chicken sausage and stir 2 minutes, or until heated through.
4. Add egg mixture. Cook over medium heat until eggs are partially set, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and cook about 3 minutes, or until the top is set.
All True Story Foods are available in select natural and traditional grocery retailers and Costco.
They are available in select natural and traditional grocery retailers and Costco. For more information, visit www.truestoryfoods.com .
I received complimentary product.
Cassandra's Review- The taste and quality is very good. I was really impressed with the packaging and how easy it was to cook the meat products. I do wish this was located in my area as it should be sold everywhere in my opinion.