Monday, December 21, 2015
Foundations of Honor Study Guide: Building a Powerful Community By Danny Silk Review
For years, Danny Silk has been teaching, writing, speaking, and coaching on honor and how to express it in our families, churches, organizations, and communities. And for years, he has received the same feedback and questions around this powerful, challenging, and frequently misunderstood and misapplied concept, such as:
· “You say that people of honor must be powerful, but to a lot of people, ‘powerful’ means dominating and selfish. What does it mean to be powerful?”
· “If respecting our freedom and the freedom of others is crucial to practicing honor, what do we do when people cannot handle their freedom?”
· “We tried to honorably confront someone, and the person refused to ‘clean up his mess.’ What do we do now?”
· “I really don’t like confrontation. Doesn’t honor mean we should get along without conflict?”
· “If we’re all trying to honor one another equally, does that mean there shouldn’t be any leaders?”
· “Why does ‘honor’ always seem to turn into ‘entitlement’?”
The Foundations of Honor Study Guide addresses these questions and more through a comprehensive study of the core values, practices, and cultural effects of honor. Clear biblical teaching and illustrations, along with provoking questions and targeted action points, equip and train readers to examine their own foundations and build a solid foundation of honor in their lives, homes, businesses, churches, and communities. The Foundations of Honor Study Guide is designed to work with the Foundations of Honor Teaching Series as a 10-session course suitable for both individuals and groups.
Cassandra's Review- The questions are powerful and the facts kept me wanting to learn more. This book did not make me feel sleepy while reading and had so many key points to enjoy. I feel that anyone with a yearning to learn about the topics help in this guide, will not be disappointed.
Danny Silk serves on the Senior Leadership Team of both Bethel Church in Redding, CA and Jesus Culture in Sacramento, CA. He is the President and Co-Founder of Loving on Purpose a ministry to families and communities worldwide. Danny is also the author of four books: Culture of Honor, Loving our Kids on Purpose, Powerful and Free and the top selling Keep Your Love On. Danny and Sheri married in 1984, and have three children and three grandchildren.
I received a complimentary copy.