Monday, July 13, 2015
July with Hormel!
With its long days of sunshine, backyard festivities and pool-perfect weather, July brings plenty of reasons to host friends, family or even the kids’ sports teams throughout the month. To keep everything on track, Hormel Foods has plenty of recipes, products, activity ideas and even tips for staying sustainable to keep your mouth easy, delicious and fun.
Post-Entertaining 101: A lot of us spend a good portion of this season prepping for summer cookouts, big barbeques and other outdoor social gatherings. But after all the guests are gone and the decorations are put away, the clean-up and leftovers can become a hassle. Hormel Foods has some tips to keep your post-party to-dos easy and make sure your extra servings don’t go to waste.
· Dine ‘n’ Dash: Use pre-packaged foods at gatherings, in addition to disposable paper plates and plastic utensils (made from recyclable materials, of course), to save on clean-up time in the kitchen. Try HORMEL® SNACKERS®, which come in their own microwaveable container, for a variety of quick and easy dipping options. No mess, no clean-up, no problem!
· What’s For Lunch: Meat, cheese and crackers are a staple item at any cookout or barbeque, like HORMEL® GATHERINGS® Party Trays. The leftovers from this appetizer make a great snack for kids’ lunches the next week. You can either layer slices of meat in a sandwich or dice it up and add it to any salad for a quick protein fix.
· Weeknight Fixings: Your leftover meat can also make for delicious, quick and easy weeknight dinners without all the prep time. Proteins like pork (try HORMEL® ALWAYS TENDER® Original Pork Loin Filet), hamburger meat and even leftover bratwurst can make for some great casseroles, wraps and tacos. Try whipping up these Pork Tacos with Pineapple Slaw using CHI-CHI'S® Soft Taco Size Flour Tortillas.
#HormelCR2K15: Corporate responsibility is ingrained into the Hormel Foods day-to-day operations and is a priority in everything we do. Last month, Hormel Foods launched the 2014 Hormel Foods Corporate Responsibility Report, which helps serve as the foundation for how we create value for society. From the products we make, to the commitments we uphold to our customers, and to the communities in which we operate, it’s “Our Way” of doing business.
· Easy on the Salt: Hormel Foods understands that many consumers are interested in better-for-you options, so we’re always looking for ways to reduce sodium in our products. In fact, our 2014 CR Report says that by 2020, we’re aiming to reduce sodium levels in select products by an average of 15 percent.
· Color-Me-Green: For a fun family-night activity, we invite you to sit down with you children for a night of coloring with an outlined coloring book of highlights found within the CR report. This activity will also be a great way to spark conversations with your family on how small actions (like recycling or remembering to turn off lights in the house) can minimize your family’s environmental impact.
· Check it out: We are so excited to share this important report with you and hope you will take a look. You can see the full online version at www.hormelfoods.com/csr. Love what we’re doing in our sustainability initiatives? Feel free to share your thoughts on social media using the hashtag #HormelCR.
Dog Gone It: National Hot Dog Day is just around the corner, so don’t settle for basic hot dogs this grilling season! Whether you like it plain or on a bun, there are an endless number of ways to spruce up the ole dog. Try adding HORMEL® chili in these Santa Fe-Style Chili Dogs or Chicago-Style Chili Dogs. For the veggie lover, pack in the sprouts, avocado and tomato in these Garden-Style Chili Dogs. Whatever you choose, be sure to share your results and pictures with us on social media by using the #HormelFamily hashtag!
You scream, I scream: We all scream for ice cream! It’s no surprise that July is National Ice Cream Month, so when temperatures peak, you can whip up a quick ice cream recipe to cool off and satisfy your sweet tooth. Have a craving for a bit of peanut butter, too? Try delicious ice cream recipes using your favorite SKIPPY® Peanut Butter like these Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Creams or SKIPPY® Dippin’ Sundaes. For your on-the-go cravings, these Dreamy Banana Shakes are the total package!
Pepperoni Meets Pan: In honor of the release of Peter Pan’s debut in the movie “Pan” on October 9, 2015, now through August 15, Hormel Foods wants to give you a free movie ticket when you buy any three HORMEL® pepperoni products or any two HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Fully Cooked Bacon products. Don’t wait! Get your HORMEL® pepperoni today, and you could be on your way to Neverland!
I received product complimentary thanks to Hormel Foods Extended Family Blogger Program.