April showers might bring May flowers – but we say bring on the summer celebrations! This month is packed with patriotic holidays, outdoor parties, and most importantly, delicious summer recipes – so share these tips and tricks from Hormel Foods as well as your favorite ways to kick off summer without missing a beat.
Mark Your Calendars: It’s time to load up your May calendar with a slew of summer festivities. From homemade barbeque dinners to backyard summer cookouts, Hormel Foods has plenty of entertaining-friendly tips for all of this month’s holidays to keep the weeknights easy and the weekends nothing short of fun!
· National Barbeque Month: With this month dedicated to smoky flavors, savory meats and grilling smells galore, take advantage of your favorite barbeque dishes and celebrate National Barbeque Month with these Barbeque Pork Sliders featuring LLOYD’S® Seasoned Shredded Pork in Original BBQ Sauce. For quick and easy meals on the weekdays, try LLOYD’S® Barbeque tubs, which feature several tasty barbeque sauces, including original, chipotle and honey hickory.
· Time to Fiesta: Whether you like it flaming hot or satisfyingly mild, spice up your favorite Mexican dishes this Cinco de Mayo (May 5) with HERDEZ® Mexican Cooking Sauces. Try the Traditional Chipotle variety for a bold, smoked flavor or the Red Guajillo Chile for a uniquely tangy and fruity taste – perfect for any chicken or seafood dish, like this Guajillo Shrimp in Creamy Red Chile Sauce.
· Memorial Day Bash: There’s no better way to kick off summer than with a Memorial Day (May 25) weekend bash! Treat your guests with appetizers that are short on prep time like HORMEL GATHERINGS® Party Trays and HORMEL® CURE 81® Cubed Ham in these Summer Ham Kabobs. For your dip-loving guests, check out this 7-Layer Chili Dip using HORMEL® COOK-OFF SERIES™ Chili.
o Mini Sweepstakes: Get your creative juices flowing and mix up your favorite summer dishes using any of this month’s Hormel Foods products. We’ll be picking the most unique – and tasty – summer recipe for May, and the blogger with the winning recipe will receive a $25 gift card as a reward!
SPAMERICAN™ Tour: The SPAM® brand just launched the first-ever SPAMERICAN™ Tour to bring the iconic SPAM® flavor to fans across America. Hitting 12 major cities, the tour is partnering with Food Network Host Sunny Anderson and a variety of SPAM®-loving chefs to create their own signature SPAM® dishes. Check out www.SPAM.com/tour to find a tour stop near you and come sample SPAM® recipes, watch live demos, and meet local chefs and artists in your own backyard!
· We’d love for you to join in the #SPAMCan conversation on Facebook, Twitter and Instragram (@SPAMBrand)! Post a SPAM® inspired photo on Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #SPAMCan and #PROMO during the tour, and you’ll be entered to win a trip for two to the 2016 Waikiki SPAM Jam in Hawaii.
Thanks, Mom: From the business woman to the multi-tasker to the nonstop busy-bee, celebrate all types of moms this Mother’s Day (May 10) with random acts of kindness. Wake her up with a hot coffee to go, surprise her at work with a bouquet of flowers, or treat her to a home-cooked meal to show your appreciation. Try whipping up this classic Chicken Pot Pie using HORMEL® Premium Chicken Breast – a thoughtful, yet easy, dish she’ll be sure to love.
National Salsa Month: May is National Salsa month, so kick it off with a salsa-themed meal using varying levels of spice and see just how hot you can go – jalapenos, anyone? Cool down with this Chicken Milanese Quesadilla recipe – a perfect blend of marinated chicken and creamy citrus flavors – using HERDEZ® Tortillas in traditional white corn, cracked whole wheat or classic flour varieties.
National Teacher Appreciation Week: To show our appreciation within the community, Hormel Foods wants to recognize teachers during National Teacher Appreciation Week (May 4-8). Whether they’re great with math lessons or always helping out with after-school activities, nothing says “thank you” like a sweet gift from the heart. These Fluffy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes using SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter can make for a perfect homemade treat for the kids’ teachers and classmates!
· #HormelFamily Tip: Mix up your cupcake batches by substituting the frosting with SKIPPY® Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Dark Chocolate, offering a sweet and nutty option for everyone!
I received complimentary product.